How to Apply

Report A Change

Access Forms

Access Your Child Support
Case Information
Check your SMI One Balance
Check Your SMI One
Card Balance

Cash Assistance

Cash assistance, also known as Ohio Works First, is temporary assistance available to families to help them pay for immediate needs while the adults of the family prepare for and search for jobs. While receiving assistance, families spend a  minimum of 20 to 35 hours per week working, in school or volunteering in order to receive the assistance. Holmes County Job and Family Services works to:

  • Determine eligibility of applicants and re-certify recipients
  • Refer applicants to Community Link for employment and self-sufficiency services
  • Investigate allegations of fraud

Child Care

Child Care services is available to eligible parents who are either working or in school to help cover part of the cost of child care for their children. Parents are able to pick a child care provider that meets their needs.

Child Protection

Child and Adult Protective Services is the public agency responsible for helping abused, neglected, and dependent children and abused, neglected, and exploited older adults in Holmes County. We intervene on behalf of children who are at risk of abuse and/or neglect by working with families, service providers, and community members to ensure safe, stable, and permanent homes for children. Additionally, we investigate and provide case management for abused, neglected, or exploited adults over 60 years of age.

On-Call 24/7

When necessary, we make use of our 24-hour crisis intervention services. To utilize this service after hours, please call the Holmes County Sheriff's Office at 330-674-1936 and a Children's Services worker will be paged. If the situation is an emergency, please dial 9-1-1.

Community Education

Speakers are available for presentations to groups and organizations regarding child abuse awareness and prevention and/or adult protective services. These programs are available for children and adults and can be focused on the particular needs and interests of the group.

Child Support


You may pay by debit or credit card at or, if you do not have internet access, you may call our office at 330-674-1111 to make a debit or credit card payment.

If you wish to pay by check or money order, you must provide:

  • name of person paying
  • phone number of person paying (in case we have questions)
  • name of person to receive payment
  • SETS case number
  • If you are paying for more than one case, please include all case numbers and the amount paid for each case.

Check or money order payments may be mailed to:

PO Box 182372
Columbus, OH 43218-2372

You may also deliver your check or money order to us by placing it in the drop box located at the main entrance to our office at 85 N. Grant Street, Millersburg, OH.

If you have questions, please contact our office at 330-674-1111.



Child Support is money paid by a parent, who isn’t living with his or her children, to help cover the cost of their care. Child Support helps guarantee that children’s basic needs are met: from food, shelter and clothes to education, transportation and medical expenses.


Holmes County Job and Family Services helps ensure that child support is received by identifying paternity, establishing child support orders and enforcing spousal support.


All Holmes County residents are eligible.


How Are Child Support Orders Issued?

If a child is born out-of-wedlock, either party can call the HCJFS Child Support Enforcement Agency and ask to establish paternity. Once that happens, a case worker can help get a child support order. Child support orders are also often issued with a divorce or dissolution.


How is the amount of support determined?


  • Court or administrative orders determine the legal requirement to pay support and how much that payment will be.


  • Cases involving children born out-of-wedlock, or cases involving parents who are married but separated, are handled through Juvenile Court.


  • Cases involving divorce are handled through the Court of Domestic Relations.

Food Assistance

Food Assistance helps families stretch their food budgets to buy healthy food. Also known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), the program may be available to both families and individuals who qualify.

Job Placement

The Workforce Development unit helps Holmes County residents join the workforce and move up the economic ladder. The goal of WIOA is to increase employment, job retention, and earnings and occupational skill attainment of participants.

Medical Assistance

Medicaid (medical assistance) provides health care coverage to families who may not otherwise have access to health care. Medicaid may cover part of the cost of visits to the doctor, nursing home care and home health care.

Prevention - Retention - Contingency (PRC)

PRC is TANF funding intended to assist income eligible families that are employed at least 30 hours per week and have unexpected expenses, such as auto repairs, tires, breaks, etc.

Panel 2 content goes here.

Panel 3 content goes here.

Panel 4 content goes here.